Hey, it’s time for some Urban Art Eye Candy! In the last days, a lot of great street art and graffiti shit happened. Whether exhibition photos, live paintings or interventions, the summer is coming, the weather is quite good and the artists are as creative as I haven’t seen in a long time. For this reason I will give you a short overview about some small but very interesting urban art actions:
- Baroque Street Art – Artist NeSpoon did a nice street art installation on a baroque sculpture in one of Warsaw’s public parks.
- Conor Harrington & Know Hope in Israel – Conor Harrington visited Israel and did together with street artist Know Hope a nice mural artwork!
- Graffyard QR Codes – Sweza started an interesting project which uses QR codes to “preserve graffiti for posterity by photographing the graffiti before it is removed.”
- Live-painting in Berlin – Urban artists Emess, Bimer and Prost painted live in the streets of Berlin!
- Jumping Fences – Cydney Gray from Harvard University did some using interviews with successful artists whose work started in the street – such as Blek leRat, Lady Pink, and Shepard Fairey.
- Urban Art Hot Seat – Some of today’s most famous urban artists teamed up to customize their own Eames Molded Plywood Dining Chairs.
- Paint Provocation – Street artist Mobstr and the Newcastle City Council had have a wonderful conversation…