Although I kept my fingers crossed for the Netherlands yesterday, I had the idea to celebrate the Spanish football team as the new world champion by collecting a list of awesome graffiti and street artists from Spain. Because I’m not able to know every single urban artist by name and mother country, it’s o you to complete the list by adding comments or writing e-mails!
Famous Urban Artists from Spain
- Sam3 – The mural artist paints walls around the world, thereby the size of the wall doesn’t matter. Some weeks ago, he painted together with other well-known artists a facade in Lisbon. (www.sam3.es)
- Luzinterruptus – The light art collective did a lot of amazing installations in public space in the last years! Some month ago, I made a nice interview with them… (luzinterruptus1.blogspot.com)
- SpY – The Madrid-based writer Spy began to deal with other forms of artistic communication in public space several years ago… I’m curious to see new artworks by him! (www.spy.org.es)
- El Tono – Although or even because of his simple abstract street paintings and unconventional public art projects he is worldwide famous. (www.eltono.com)
- Difusor – The Barcelona-based urban art activists stage guerilla projects in the public space. They try to improve public space in the Barcelona area… (www.difusor.org)
- Suso33 – The Madrid-based artist became one of the first Spanish post-graffiti artists…(www.suso33.com)